Happy women’s day!
”There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
I want to share my journey with you today to inspire you to follow your dreams of becoming the woman you want to become.
After visiting my first art gallery, I wanted to become an artist to create beautiful photos when I was 6 years old.
I remember my mother said to me I can achieve everything if I put my hard work into it.
Everything I am today is because of my mother’s unconditional love, believing in me, and encouraging me to dream big, to explore my talents and imagination.
She made me believe nothing in the world is impossible for a willing heart.
Life can be so cruel.
When I was only 13 years old, my mother passed away with cancer. I was beyond devastated!
My father believed I should become a lawyer, doctor, or accountant to have a financially secure job in my life instead of being an artist.
I followed my father’s advice and studied at the school of economics to become an accountant.
Long story short, I purchased my first house when I was 22 years old, enjoying financial freedom that allowed me to travel and support my family. My father was proud of me.
I thought that was what a successful life meant to me.
But every single day I questioned myself ”Is this what I want to do for the rest of my life?”
In 2007, I took a leap of faith.
I left my well-paid job, sold my dream house, left the one I loved (now my husband) behind, followed my dreams of becoming a photographer.
I worked at restaurants on the weekends and volunteered to take photos for friends and companies.
All I had at that time was my camera, my dreams, and so many unknowns…
After 13 years what I have achieved today:
- I built my successful photography business while having 2 little boys.
- I’m a founder of two companies – Shan Fisher Photography and Shan Fisher Education.
- My work has been featured in many magazines and blogs worldwide.
- I became the most sought-after photographer on Isle of Man, British Isles, and have received the Awards of Excellence Enterprise for 2 consecutive years 2018 and 2019.
- I’m a photographer teacher, business coach, and motivational speaker worldwide.
- I’m one of the motivational speaks for Micro Business Startup Grant Scheme, Isle of Man
- I’m one of the judges and teachers of NPC – Newborn Photography Community
- I’m one of the teachers of The Milky Way Newborn Photography Retreat 2021
- Most importantly I’m living the life I dream of and make impacts while doing what I love every day!
What would I like to tell you today?
1. Follow your heart and dreams, however scary or how old you are. We only have one life, and we must make the most of it.
Believe in yourself and have faith. You never know what opportunities are ahead of you. Be ready for them!
2. “Overnight” success is built on years of dedication and hard work.
If you haven’t achieved your goals in months or years, don’t give up! Just keep going!
When you are looking back, the most precious thing is the journey!
The lessons you learnt, the difficulties you overcame, the sweat and tears, the people you met, the friendships you built, the experience you gained that made your life amazing and made you the person you have become!
”Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney
What does success mean to you? What is the dream you want to achieve?
Please share with me. I would love to know.
P.S * The 12 weeks Timeless Newborn Mastery Training and Coaching that help you to CREATE YOUR STYLE and TRANSFORM your business is open for enrollment on 18th March 2021.
Sign up for the waiting list to receive your amazing early bird bonus for the program.
DON’T MISS IT! The enrollment is only open once a year.